Global asset manager is seeking a data analytics professional to join their team in Singapore. Successful candidate will be interacting with investment professionals and data scientists on a daily basis, to help such business teams leverage on data science for better investment decisions.
To apply, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting the job reference number.
- Identify traditional and new research datasets for the investment team (e.g. data on macro-economy, equities, fixed income).
- Ensure the integrity and quality of research data in the enterprise data warehouse through cleansing and merging multiple data sets (using data integration and wrangling tools) and maintaining good data catalogue and documentation of the methodologies, solutions and results.
- Leverage on new generation tools to efficiently code and ingest data from multiple data sources and translate them into business intelligence.
- Owns the Research/Quant Platform and partner with different business groups to develop a superior and robust research/ quant modelling platform
- Actively participate in new enterprise data initiatives and projects
- A good degree in Business Analytics, Statistics, Computer Science or related fields of study, with at least 7 years of relevant working experience within the finance industry
- Technical proficiency in R, Matlab, Python or Scala, and demonstrated experience in data charting and visualisation tool such as Tableau, Excel
- Data ingestion experience (i.e. experience of bringing in market and research data from vendors like Bloomberg, MSCI etc into a data warehouse)
- Good understanding of investment and quant, macro economy data, fundamental data from multiple data vendors and portfolio analytics
- Familiarity with data models, EDM tools and data extraction tools such as SQL will be advantageous
- Strong learning agility with good analytical and creative thinking skills
- Industry experience:
Asset management ,
Hedge funds ,
- Role experience:
Data scientist ,
Data management & analytics